In collaboration with the Bern University of Applied Sciences, the Suchtfachklinik Zürich has developed an app to virtually accompany patients during their stay at the clinic.
The «SFK MindCare» app is primarily aimed at patients of the Suchtfachklinik Zürich. Nonetheless, the app is helpful for any patients suffering from an addiction disorder, even if they are not treated at the Suchtfachklinik Zürich. The app should under no circumstances replace personal counselling and individual treatment.
From the therapeutic point of view, the app primarily aims to school self-awareness and to provide useful strategies for self-regulation.The app offers the following functions:
- Diary for craving, tension and thoughts
- Graphical progress view of the diary entries
- Mindfulness, meditation and relaxation exercises (audio and text instructions)
- Advice on how to regulate craving and tension
- Assistance in identifying the emotional state
- Optional reminders for diary entries
- For patients of the Suchtfachklinik Zürich: Emergency number
Access to the data is restricted to the users of the app. The data which patients generate by using the app are encrypted and securely stored on the MIDATA platform. Upon request, the holders of the data account can share their data with the caregivers of the Suchtfachklinik Zürich. This allows the caregivers to follow the progress of their patients via web application.
Download the «Ally Science» app from the Apple App Store or GooglePlay.